Clinic Assistant - #4830571
HealthPartners is currently hiring for a Clinic Assistant. We are a nonprofit integrated care delivery and financing system based in Bloomington, MN. At HealthPartners, you’ll find a culture where we live our values of excellence, compassion, integrity, and partnership. By working together, we will improve health and well-being, create exceptional experiences for those we serve and make care and coverage more affordable. We seek colleagues who wish to help advance diversity, equity and inclusion and foster an environment where everyone feels welcome, included and valued.
- High School diploma or GED
- Meets one of the following:
- Graduate of a formal training program in medical reception, an equivalent program, or a customer service program
- Two years’ experience as a medical receptionist
- Two years’ experience in a customer service position
- One-year experience using data look-up and data entry functions on a mainframe or PC based computer system
- One-year customer service experience either via telephone or in-person within the last five years
- Demonstrated ability to organize work under pressure
- Demonstrated ability to function with multiple priorities and interruptions
- Excellent oral communication skills
- Excellent written communication skills
- Alpha-numeric data entry test (4,000 keystrokes)
- Medical Terminology test
Ability to sit or stand for prolonged periods of time. Oral and written communications with customers requires adequate speech, vision, and hearing. Proficiency in English is required. Proficiency in other languages may be required. Use of a telephone and computer terminal also requires adequate handwriting and manual dexterity skills.
Service excellence is to be centered on patient care and patient relationships and is the responsibility of all employees. Teamwork is the norm and all employees will be held accountable to work as effective team members. This position is a vital point of contact for a patient entering the HPMG Clinics. This position facilitates the process of scheduling appointments and has responsibility for accurate collection of current financial and demographic information. This position directly impacts revenue collection for the medical group
1. Customer Service: Care for each person as he/she would like to be cared for by:
- Putting the patient first at every opportunity
- Listening to understand each patient
- Showing concern for each patient
- Acting individually and with others to meet each patient’s needs
2. Check-in and Co-pay Administration
- Check in patients in an accurate and professional manner
- Identify and accurately collect co-pays or appropriate fees
- Use computer-based system to verify patient information
- Understand and communicate benefit changes to members, or refer to appropriate resource
- Communicate wait times in a diplomatic manner
- Direct patients to the appropriate care area
- Prepare reconciliation report
- Provide patients with appropriate forms, questionnaires, etc.
3. Computerized Appointment Scheduling for appointments
- Schedule appointments in an accurate and timely manner according to Advanced Access principles
- Maintain knowledge of appointment scheduling practices
- Maintain knowledge of appointment scheduling policies and procedures
4. Registration and Verification
- Complete the registration process, including reviewing the registration information for completeness and accuracy and obtain further information, if necessary
- Verify insurance eligibility, if necessary
- Register patients in an accurate, efficient, and timely manner
- Identify appropriate account type, e.g., Workers compensation, Motor Vehicle accidents, etc.
5. Specialty Appointment Coordination
- Provide patient with information required to schedule specialty appointments
6. Facilitate timely and accurate flow of communication within the clinic
- Answer telephone and respond appropriately to the caller
- Take and relay messages requiring follow-up to appropriate individuals
- Prepare record and materials for new patient appointments
- Assist with the clerical duties of the clinic, e.g., faxing information, making copies, etc.
7. Maintain open communication with Appointment Center to ensure patient and provider needs are met
- Coordinate schedule templates
- Coordinate emergency schedule changes
- Coordinate schedule holds consistent with Advanced Access principles
- Coordinate schedules regarding provider vacation, rounding, and other out of clinic changes
8. General Accountabilities
- Perform other duties as assigned
HealthPartners is recognized nationally for providing outstanding care and experience for patients and members. We offer an excellent salary and benefits package. For more information and to apply go to www.healthpartners.com/careers and search for Job ID #65522
This position will be trained in the following areas of HealthPartners Maplewood Primary Care Clinic. Check-in, Check-out, phones, lab scheduling, x-ray and mammography scheduling, Rightfax(electronic sending/receiving of documents), referral work queues, and entering refills/medication prior authorizations.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.