Billing Deployment Support Specialist (Operations Business Process Specialist) - #5507471
Our purpose is sustaining energy and water for life, and it is demonstrated in everything we do as a business, and as an employee team.
At Liberty, we hire passionate people who care about doing the right thing for our customers. We are entrepreneurial, creative, and outcome-focused. Here, your natural talent and achievements will flourish in an inclusive environment of teamwork, trust and continuous learning. We are always pursuing excellence to exceed our ambitions goals, rewarding both the goal outcome and how we achieve it.
The Billing Deployment Support Specialist (Operations Business Process Specialist) plays a key role in the discovery, design, build, test and deployment of the Billing Processes and Integrations (people, process, technology) to support Release 3 Customer Foundations. The core technology is SAP, however there are other vendors such as Opentext, Smart Energy Water, Onesource and in-house tools that will be implemented. The Billing Deployment Specialist is involved in understanding and supporting business processes that support end to end meter to cash activities. The role requires a self-motivated individual with previous billing experience, demonstrated attention to detail and a commitment accuracy. The activities can be intense at times and may require travel.
This is a fulltime role that will focus on the delivery of the Customer First solutions to our R3 customers and will interact primarily with core IBM and Liberty CIS members, and the Customer Care teams.
Assist with solution discovery, business needs analysis, conceptual design, planning and scoping, cost and benefit analysis.
- Provide business process expertise
- Assist with requirements definition, solution design and validation, assessing best practices, solution documentation
- Engage with third parties to understand solutions, requirements and integration efforts
- Actively participate in issue resolution when Global Design is no applicable
- Assist with the review of configuration and unite testing
- Assist with and review solution documentation
- Support data migration activities
- Create test case material and conduct test activities
- Review training materials and support training activities including assisting in documenting policies, procedures, job aids and training modules
- Support all change management efforts and act as change agents for the program by demonstrating positive, visible support of the program and its objectives. Communicate with key stakeholders
- Assist with the deployment (go-live, move to production environment) of the capabilities
- Provide post go-live support (Hypercare)
- Participate in the transition to Production Support
- Assist with the design, build, test and deployment of reporting capabilities
- Use approved Change Management procedures to request approval for solution changes including data fixes, code changes and configuration updates
- Other duties as assigned
Education and Experience
Specialist in Billing functional area (5+ years of experience) – Billing and or Device Management
- Experience of handling large amounts of data within Utilities environment, ability to deliver to targets, concern for accuracy, experience of process reengineering work, system test or UAT experience, quality focused.
- Advanced requirement gathering, critical thinking and problem solving
- High levels of initiative, creativity, independent judgment and decision making
- Ability to network and collaborate cross-functionally; demonstrated commitment to teamwork and partnerships
- Ability to prioritize assignments / projects and multi-task within restricted time constraints
- Ability to influence people that don’t report to them
- Knowledge of SAP, One Source, OpenText, ALM and Azure Development Ops an asset
Algonquin Power & Utilities Corp. is a growing renewable energy and utility company with over $15 billion of assets across North America and internationally.
For more than 30 years, Algonquin has demonstrated an unwavering commitment to delivering clean energy and water solutions. Our rapid growth has led both our regulated utility services and renewable energy business groups into different geographies and commodities, but our purpose remains unchanged – Sustaining Energy and Water for Life.
Through our operating business (Liberty), we provide regulated electricity, water, and natural gas utility services to over 1 million customer connections, primarily in North America. And, our growing portfolio of clean, renewable wind, solar, hydro and thermal power generation facilities represent over 3 GW of renewable generation capacity in operation and under construction.
With our robust, diversified, and growing presence in communities across North America and internationally, we are continually demonstrating our “Think Global, Act Local” business model.
What we offer
Company funded Pension program
401k with Company match
Full insurance benefits (health/dental/vision/life)
Collaborative environment with a genuine flexible working policy
Share purchase/match plan
Defined Contribution savings plan
Top Talent Program
Volunteer paid days off
Employee Assistance Program
Free parking, including free electrical charging
We are focused on building a diverse and inclusive workforce. If you are excited about this role and are not certain you meet the all the qualification requirements, we encourage you to apply to further investigate the opportunity.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value each person’s unique background, diversity, experiences, perspectives and talents. Full participation of all employees in a safe, healthy and respectful environment is key to individual and company success. We are committed to fully utilizing the abilities of all of our employees and expect each of our employees to honor this commitment in their daily responsibilities.